Monday, March 25, 2013

ELF Haul + Update

Hey guys!
I know I've been completely MIA lately but school has CONSUMED my life!!! UGH! I will try to post as often as I can but to be completely honest, I actually need to do a lot of catching up with school work before I can get back to posting on a more regular basis.

This past weekend I did a little shopping and noticed a few new things at my Target and K Mart. I typically hate going into K Mart and really have only gone a few times in my life buuuuuut after watching a haul video from K Mart, I decided to check it out. I went thinking I would pick up some clothes, but as I half way expected, it sucked. Instead, I spent my time in the cosmetics. I saw that they sold ELF and carried a few new items that I hadn't seen at other places. The one thing I picked up from K Mart was the Mascara and Shadow Shied, the rest I found at Target (before I went to K Mart).

I am glad to see more items from ELF pop up at my local stores. I think for the price you pay, it's a great deal! Enough talk, let's get on to the haul :)

Mascara and Shadow Shield, Small Stipple Brush, Small Angled Brush, Jumbo Shadow Stick in Forest Nymph, and Baked Eyeshadow in Enchanted


Funny thing about this is the day before I went shopping I actually placed this in my cart on Elf's website. I'm glad I found it at K Mart so I didn't have to pay for shipping :)

I've wanted a teeny stippling brush to blend out my concealer for a while. 

I think this will be good for gel liner and brow powder.

This is Elf's take on the NYX's Jumbo pencils.  It swatched great and I already have an idea for a look I want to do with this.

This color looked so much like MAC's Expensive Pink. I don't actually own Expensive Pink but figured I'd give this a go to see how I liked it. They had several other colors as well.

Here are the swatches of the Jumbo Stick and the Baked Eyeshadow. I wet my finger before I applied the shadow to my hand to get a better payoff (since it is a baked eyeshadow). 

Here's a close up. From pics I've seen of Expensive Pink online, this seems to come off as more golden with just a hint of corally pink. 

 I am so glad they are coming out with more and more products at my local stores. I really do like ELF for the money. Let me know if you have tried any of these products and how you like them. Definitely check out your local drugstores for new ELF products if you haven't already!


Follow me on Instagram, yo! I've been posting a lot of pics lately and it's a great way to see what I do on a regular basis.



 

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...